Saturday, May 16, 2015

Whiskey Review: Basil Hayden Bourbon


This is probably my favorite bourbon.  It has an amazingly complex flavor while still being smooth with a nice mellow finish.  To be honest, I was never a big fan of bourbon, having only experienced the basics, like Jim Bean.  That all changed when my friend Julie introduced me to her brother, Todd, at a party, who was visiting from Washington DC.  Todd is a big fan of whiskey, but specifically bourbon.  I asked him to recommend something, and without hesitation he said Basil Hayden.  When someone is THAT convicted, you have to go with it.  I sought out a bottle the very next week and I have never regretted it.  Once my blog goes global, maybe Todd will be famous for something other than being the unfortunate reporter on the receiving end of this...



I might send Todd a bottle of Basil Hayden to help with the nightmares he must be having.

The numbers: I buy this in the least expected place for bourbon...CVS Pharmacy in Venice Beach.  Yes CVS.  I can get it for $39!! If you buy 6 at once you get 10% off too, so you'd be able to get it for almost $36 per bottle.  Anywhere else, they go for $42 even up to $50.  Even at $42 per bottle it is worth it.

It reminds me of...summer time barbecues, hanging out with friends at the beach.

The verdict: If you are looking for a bourbon to add to your bar, this is the one.

Please comment below!  If you think there is something I must try or something you want me to review, toss it in the comments and I will see what I can do.

Like me on Facebook!

Professional tasting notes:
boubonbanter.com
whiskey.underthelabel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment